I wonder why they really want all electronic devices to be turned off? Do they interfere with the controls or something?We landed in the Sacramento airport without any incident because everyone must have had their Game Boys off. We didn't check any luggage so we were able to proceed directly to the rental car terminal and then for the hotel we were staying at. One really annoying thing about Sacramento is that there are a lot of one-way streets. We were not aware of this, and as we were looking for our hotel and a place to park, we made a wrong turn and started driving the wrong way down a one-way street. Peter made a quick U-turn as soon as he realized his error, but it was too late and the flashing blue and red lights of a squad car blazed up behind us. We promptly pulled over and waited for the officer to approach our vehicle. He was a pleasant fellow and didn't give us a hard time, especially since we were from out of town. He made sure Peter didn't have any warrants out for his arrest and then gave us directions to a place we could park our car. I found it amusing that Peter managed to get pulled over by the police within the first hour we were in California.
Although our time in Sacramento was short, we had a great time. It's not very often that all of Peter's siblings get together, and it was wonderful to meet our new niece for the first time. She's a real cutie!
And to all of my family who live out by Sacramento that I didn't get to see this weekend, I'm very sorry! I wish I could have seen you, but we really didn't have any time! We're going to try and come out there next spring, and hopefully see you then.
Workout Update:
It's time to report on my fitness goals! I've done really well these last few weeks to avoid soda. I've only slipped up once. I didn't work out every day I had it scheduled, but that was due to poor time management on my part. I need to be better about that because if I don't get up and go the gym then Peter won't. It's not just my health on the line, it's also Peters.
I will definitely try and be better about it this week.
2 comments:
Yeah, too bad you couldn't spend longer and hang out with us! You must have been driving around downtown because that's really the only place that I can think of that has a lot of one way streets. Isn't it so nice to fly across Nevada instead of drive? I've definitely done that trip more times than I ever care to again. Hope to see ya in the spring. :)
I love flying! My first time was when I was 19 to Seattle with a friend - I was so scared I made her hold my hand during take off. =) Good times. I'm impressed with the no soda, I need to do that one again!
Post a Comment