Well, Peter and I have kind of fallen off the wagon. The end of the semester hit and we have been swamped with school work. I haven't been to the gym in weeks and I hate myself for it, but I really need to get good grades this semester. Peter is super stressed with the 20 credits he's been taking, but it'll all be over in a few weeks. Next semester Peter is only taking 13 credits (including a kayaking class we're taking together) so it will be like a vacation for him. I think if we actually got to the gym we would feel less stressed, but just thinking about going and not working on my projects or studying stresses me out even more. I've really just got to figure out a way to make exercise a priority. I do really well until my life gets hectic or stressful and then it becomes a low priority. In less than a week school will be out for the winter break and I'll be able to get to the gym again. Next semester I am also taking a class called Dynamic Fitness and I will basically be forced to go to the gym and workout three days a week. I'm really excited about it!
Aside from the fact that Peter and I have been bad and haven't been going to the gym, I have been successful in giving up caffeine. I haven't had a caffeinated beverage in over two months! It's been tough at times, especially when I'm tired from a late night of studying or working on projects, and every now and then I crave a Coke or Dr. Pepper, but I've been successful in resisting these cravings. It wasn't nearly as hard to give up caffeine as I thought it would be.
Although I am sure I will successfully pick up my fitness regimen after this semester, I am concerned about the future. I need to learn how to make it a priority no matter what. Life will always get in the way if I let it. I was watching "The Biggest Loser" last night and I realized that it was ridiculous that people who were in worse shape than me could run a full marathon. It made me ashamed that I could not do something like that myself. I get wheezy after just one mile. I really want to get to the point where I could run a full marathon myself. That is my new goal. It may take me several years to achieve, but I want to run a full marathon before my 30th birthday. That gives me four years to train. I could totally do it.
3 comments:
What an awesome goal!! You can do it! And don't feel too bad about the break - you have a good excuse!!
I was watching that episode and thought the very same thing! Goals to do better...
I think the same thing when I watch Biggest Loser sometimes. Watching the show keeps me motivated. :)
Post a Comment