I was supposed to meet my husband and two of our friends, Nick and Kelly, down in St. George Friday July 31st (they had to go down early to secure an overnight camping permit), but before I got very far I noticed my left eye was looking really red and it was oozing greenish fluid. Yeah...it's pretty gross. Unfortunately it began to fog up my contact and I couldn't see well enough to drive, so I had to turn around and go home. I can't even begin to describe how angry and frustrated I was. I had to cancel my Yellowstone trip and now my Narrows trip because of one ailment or another. I was not happy, in fact I pretty much hit my breaking point. I was tired of being sick, and tired of being held back because of it.
So I spent that weekend sulking instead of doing the Narrows. Not exactly what I had originally planned, but maybe next year I'll have another chance to go. At least Peter, Nick, and Kelly had a good time.
The first day of their trip they got their camping permit and then hiked Angel's Landing. Kelly was a champ and hiked all the way to the top even though she's deathly afraid of heights.

Nick, Kelly, and Peter
Kelly hiking to the top
Peter and Kelly
Nick, King of the MountainThe next two days were spent going down the Narrows. I wish I could tell you more about what it was like, but I didn't get to experience it first hand. Peter tells me it was pretty awesome though...and I'm still just a little bitter about it.


























Don't they look like they had a great time? I really wish I could have been there. Especially now that the summer is over and I won't get to see Nick or Kelly very often anymore. They're a lot of fun and I'm glad I got to know them over the summer.
Now I need to go do something else for a while to take my mind off of the Narrows before my bitterness starts to fester...like start unpacking all my stuff back into my apartment in Logan. Joy.
Now I need to go do something else for a while to take my mind off of the Narrows before my bitterness starts to fester...like start unpacking all my stuff back into my apartment in Logan. Joy.

5 comments:
Sweet pictures! Looks like a blast!
Don't feel so badly; I did the narrows as a teenager and wasn't all that impressed. But I've always tended to prefer pine trees and trout lakes to sand and red rock. You'll have to plan a trip with your sisters and leave Peter in the dust. :)
I'm sorry that you've been sick again! I'm excited for you to be back in Logan, though. :)
Wow, those are some awesome pics! I'm so sorry you didn't get to go...again. That's GOT to be so annoying to sit at home while everyone else has fun. Sorry. :(
I'm sorry. I know everything didn't go as planned this summer. Oh well. Hang in there, Logan's not so bad! And you get to go to school! Yay!
Post a Comment