Tomorrow is the big moving day! I'm leaving Logan behind for another summer in the Evanston district of the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest. Peter has been up there since Monday morning, and we had a bit of misfortune when he was getting ready to leave. In keeping with moving tradition, we got locked out of our apartment at 4:30 a.m. Last summer we had all kinds of issues with being locked out. When we first got to our apartment in Evanston last year, we found there was a key mix-up and we had the wrong apartment key. The apartment manager had given Peter the key to another apartment he had been looking at instead of the key to the one we were actually renting. We couldn't get a hold of them, so we ended up staying in the other apartment that night. Peter had to work the next morning so I got to spend that day getting the key situation fixed and moving into the correct apartment. Then later in the summer, the only key we had to the apartment fell off my keychain somehow and we had to get a new key made, and then when we moved out...I left the new key sitting on the bed and realized it just as I had shut the door behind us. Again our landlords were unreachable, and Peter ended up climbing from the stairs onto the airconditioning unit, and through the window we had fortunately left open. Our apartment was on the third floor so it was rather treacherous! He also had an audience to the whole debacle. Some kids in the trailer park behind our apartment building saw him breaking in and were actually cheering him on. It was really funny...later.
So, Peter ended up scaling the cinder-block trellis in the back of our apartment and up onto our balcony and unlocked the door. I felt badly about the whole thing because in a roundabout way it was my fault. Peter had given me his key to the apartment so that I can turn it in to USU housing when I leave and put our apartment on storage for the summer. I assumed he had his keys with him when I was helping him carry stuff out to the car, and indeed he did, but I had put his key on my keyring...which was sitting on a table in our apartment. We both realized this as we were shoving boxes into the back of the Jeep. This too became funny...later.
Any ways, my brothers are coming up tomorrow with a truck to help me haul all my stuff up to the woods. Thankfully I don't have to move much because the cabin Peter and I will be living in is completely furnished. We can't actually live in the cabin just yet, though. The permanent staff there has been working really hard to get the bunkhouses ready for the seasonal employees and they won't be able to get the water turned on to the cabin until Monday. I start work on Wednesday so I had to move up this weekend. Water or no. So for a few nights I will be staying in one of the bunkhouses with Peter and a couple of the other seasonals. Not exactly an ideal situation, but oh well. I'll be happy to see Peter again though. I've really missed him. I admit, it has been nice to have some alone time where I could paint my toenails and watch chickflicks without him complaining, but it's also been a little lonely around here. I miss hearing his laugh and snuggling with him at night.
So, after tomorrow I will become relatively unreachable! I will check my e-mail, Facebook, and this blog whenever I'm in town getting food. Other than that the best way to get a hold of me will be by calling the ranger station. I will miss Logan and my friends here, especially the ladies at C.C. It was actually hard to say goodbye to them, but I'll be back at the end of August for another school year! Next weekend I will try and post pictures of my cabin and the local area. So wish me luck! Hopefully I won't lock myself out of the apartment this weekend.
1 comment:
Hey La! Hope it's going okay up there. When are we going to go see Angels and Demons?
Post a Comment